CHAPTER 1 · 5 · Fabricated

Go down

CHAPTER 1 · 5 · Fabricated

Post by Story Teller on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:30 am

FREE TIME

We all ate, and it was delicious, and we all got along, and… It was just all nice. I chatted with Andi, Chris, and somehow Noah a little, and now that we’re all done, I’m finally getting out of the dining room, feeling so much better than when I first got out of my room.
… And I can’t go back there, right? I don’t know if there’s anything useful I can do, and while almost everyone has accepted me back, I still don’t really know what the others are generally up to… But the best I can do is join someone, isn’t it? Maybe ask them what I can do, or…
Or keep them company! I should totally go hang out with Ciel! They’ll probably tell me what I need to know, and I wouldn’t want to leave them alone all afternoon. Well, I definitely feel like chatting with them anyway, so I’m already climbing the stairs!
When I arrive upstairs, I see that they’re sitting against the door of the weaponry room. I get closer… Only to notice their eyes are closed.
And they haven’t noticed me.
“Emily would have expected Ciel to take their job a little more seriously!”
Their eyes open wide and they dart up.
“Wh-what? Where is she?!”
“Who, me?”
“N-No, not you-”
“Do you mean Emily?”
“Y-yeah, but… Where are you? Seriously- Don’t tell me you got in?!”
Ciel starts to turn around towards the closed door.
“No, no, don’t worry, I’m not in there!”
“Emily, this is not funny.”
“Aw well, I’m sorry.”
“What? But this has nothing to do with you..?”
“It does, actually.”
They stop and gasp.
“Did you just...?”
“Yep, I’m the one who said that!”
“A-A-A...”
“Sorry for messing with you, I just wanted to wake you up and exercise my capacity a little!”
“I wasn’t slee- Your capacity..?”
“Yeah, you know, as the Ultimate Voice Actor?”
“The Ultimate wha- so that’s your talent?!”
“You didn’t even know?!”
Now that I think about it… I think I haven’t told that many people my talent. Lois totally warned me about this..!
“Oh my God, you were totally just Emily right now… And her voice is so… Girly… Wow…”
“Ciel, I’m sorry I freaked you out like this! I thought you knew, so I figured maybe you’d understand it was me…”
“Like you just went from a guy’s voice to a girl’s so easily… It’s so cool…”
“Oh, well, thank you!”
Are they really so shocked? They’re talking to me, but not really paying attention to what I’m saying. I laugh a little bit nervously, unsure whether they’re upset or amazed.
“I wish I could do that too…”
“I’m sure you could learn!”
“What? Uuh, yeah, I guess, but I would never do it as well as you. You’re the Ultimate, after all.”
“Eh, you know, I don’t really believe in that.”
“What do you mean by that..? It’s just a fact, isn’t it?”
“Yeah, but… I’m just a good voice actor, you know? Like there are so many others. What would make me so special?”
They think about it for a second.
“They made you take the tests, right?”
“Yes, and they picked me in the end, but… Why pick me at first? Who knows if they didn’t just completely miss someone who’s very talented but doesn’t practice a lot?”
“But practice makes perfect, right? If they’re very talented but don’t practice, then they ain’t shit by comparison with someone who’s talented AND practices.”
“But if they start getting better as I’m already named the Ultimate..?”
“Some Ultimates get replaced.”
“What? Really?!”
“Yeah, I’ve seen it happen multiple times. Haven’t you..?”
“No, I… I don’t pay that much attention to Ultimates, I just like to live my life with those who happen to surround me and not care about the rest… But either way… That’s kinda sad, isn’t it?”
“Not really… I mean, some have seemed hurt by it, but generally they don’t care that much, they stay equally famous as they were before, if they were, and if I know it, it’s that they were.”
“Oh… Okay then. Then I guess maybe it’s not as unfair as I thought it was.”
“Yeah, plus like, if you don’t really believe in being the Ultimate, does it mean you don’t believe in my talent either?”
I look at them worriedly at first, but I see that they’re smiling, and they let out a giggle.
“Though I’ll admit it’s not very common or that easy to demonstrate without a proper setting.”
“Well I’m sure you’re amazing at what you do, for sure! I just… Don’t really know what it is that you do.”
“You know, balloon animals.”
“…Do we even have balloons here?”
“Maybe in the storage room? I haven’t checked. I haven’t really felt like making jokes and playing around either. Clearly, I can’t demonstrate my talent as easily as yours… I can make silly voices, but I’ll just sound silly.”
“That’s… Pretty fitting for a clown, isn’t it?”
“Yeah, but I’m pretty sure people will just think “Ciel is being silly”, and not “The Ultimate Clown is being silly”. We already have enough with Emily- and oh, by the way.”
“By the way?”
They shake their head.
“Please… Never do this again.”
I can’t help but laugh – they’re smiling, but they still look exasperated!
“Okay, it’s a promise!”
“Thanks. I don’t need twice as much of Emily than I already get in life.”
As they finish their sentence they laugh too, and I feel like we’re both a little nervous, but at the same time, messing around like this is helping us feel much better.
We continue chatting, talking about how Emily is silly enough and how maybe she could be a good clown too, discussing talents and Ultimates a little more, and saying hi to anyone who passes by – and it has been four hours when Jan shows up and comes towards us.
“Oh, is it 6 already?”
“Yes, but if you want to stay here a little longer, I won’t take that away from you.”
“Good idea, let’s not do that.”
“What’s happening?”
“It’s just Jan’s turn to keep guard of the room. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to stay in one place forever!”
“Oooh- Oooh, of course! But are you gonna stay here the whole night? Won’t you be too tired?”
“I’ll be here until 6am. I’ll probably be exhausted by then, but I’ll probably be okay most of the night. I slept the whole afternoon.”
“Oh, okay, so you’re prepared.”
“Of course. And I’m sorry it has to be this way when you just came back – but you’re going to have to cook something for yourself tonight. I can’t be in two places at the same time.”
“You know it’s okay, man.”
“Yes, absolutely! It was already super duper nice of you to cook for everyone for lunch, and it must have been a lot of work. I’m sure sleeping after that must have actually felt nice..!”
“Ah, that’s for sure. But you know, I wasn’t alone. Alice and Akiro helped me a lot. I may be the one who knows how to cook, but that doesn’t mean no one works with me.”
“Oh, that’s so nice of them. And you. I mean, everyone’s dealing with the situation really well, aren’t you?”
“True, true… It’s nice to see that we can get along so easily, and that we all take everything seriously… Without getting too worked up either, do you know what I mean?”
“Yeah, yeah! That’s actually really cool.”
“Hm-hm. Well, I don’t know about you, but I’m kinda hungry right now.”
“Oh yeah, let’s go eat!”
I turn around to look at Jan one last time.
“See you soon, stay strong!”
He smiles and waves at us.
“Thanks, you too, Neo.”
Ah- of course. I’ll be careful to do that. Smiling too, I follow Ciel downstairs. We’ve been talking for a very long time, I feel like I know them so much better already, and I’m happy I spent the afternoon with them!
Story Teller
Admin

View user profile http://murderfabrication.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down