PROLOGUE · 2 · Where am I?

Go down

PROLOGUE · 2 · Where am I?

Post by Story Teller on Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Man… I was drooling… This is not very comfortable.
Not that sleeping against a hard surface has ever been comfortable…

“Wait, what?”
I open up my eyes suddenly and get up as quickly as I can, as if I hadn’t been complaining about sleeping face first in a pool of my own drool for at least ten minutes. My whole body feels just as expected from having slept for who-knows-how-long on the floor and I have to blink for a few seconds before I become aware of my surroundings…
If we can actually call that “surroundings”.
In front of me? A long corridor that looks like it has no end.
Behind me? A wall.
“Where the fuck am I?” is the only thing I can ask myself, and you can at least give me this, it is a rather logical train of thought in that situation. I could look around myself like an idiot for hours, nothing would change – it’s just the emptiest corridor I’ve ever seen and I can bet it’s the longest too.
“What am I supposed to do now?” I ask myself, and I don’t know if I can give myself credit for it being a logical question, since I seemingly have no other choice than to walk forwards. So I quickly stretch, put my hair back where it should be and remove the absolutely gross drool from my cheek, and I start walking.
And I continue walking.
I… don’t even know if I’m more scared or bored, by this point. I certainly feel lost – I have no idea how I got here and I don’t even remember what I was doing before I fell asleep. And now I’m just walking towards I don’t even know where through the longest corridor I have ever seen! This is the most bizarre situation I have ever been in and the worst thing about it is that it does not even feel like a dream. I know it is real life. I just can’t believe it.
Will you believe me though, when I tell you I have been walking for so long I need to take a break right now?
I just stop walking and sit on the floor, because of course there is nothing else to sit on. There is just that long white empty corridor, and me. “Am I really inside a building?” I wonder, but there is no use asking questions right now, is there? Nothing can possibly be answered. I am all alone. There is not even an insect or a creepy painting to reassure me.
Nothing.
I almost feel like I should give up… I just… I don’t even understand what I’m doing, I don’t know where I am going! Should I be walking? Is there an exit? Should I not just wait here until someone picks me up?
But who would pick me up..? Does anyone know where I am? I sure don’t!

I am not going to die here. I can complain as much as I want, I can’t just stay here doing nothing.
I get up and start walking right away because I don’t see what else could happen – but that is when I realize I have not even tried to call for help. I mean, it had not even crossed my mind, since I’m in a corridor of all places, but who knows? I start yelling.
“Is someone here?”
Of course, no one answers.
“HEY! HELP ME! PLEASE!”
Because of course if I say “please” the person who had been ignoring my calls is going to run to my help.
“Hmpf.”
Hmpf indeed. I’m not even surprised or disappointed. I’m so surrounded by nothingness I feel like it is starting to enter me, and soon I will feel and be nothing too.
And I walk, and I walk, and I walk. And my feet start to hurt. But I still walk, because I really want to get out of this stupid empty corridor, and I don’t know what else I could do.
And I walk, and I walk, and I walk.
And suddenly I see… a door!
“Oh thank god!” I think, as I start running towards it, you know, just in case it decides to disappear on me. It’s a pitch black door in the whitest of corridors, and that cannot have been made on accident, but I do not really care. When I’m finally in front of it, I immediately try to open it and frankly… I’m surprised it does.
Reassured for no real reason given I still don’t know where the hell I am, I smile like an idiot as I push it and step outside.
Story Teller
Admin

View user profile http://murderfabrication.forumactif.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum